Your Ultimate Guide in applying for a Tourist Korean Visa in the Philippines (UPDATED 2017!)
You gotta admit, most of us Filipinos are addicted to anything Korean! From Korean food, Kdramas, Kpop bands / artists, and many more.
I was able to visit South Korea last January for a business trip and last May for vacation, and I totally fell inlove!
That's why I want to share a step-by-step guide on how to get your visa approved (let's claim it!) in three easy steps!
Philippine passport holders who intend to visit or work in Korea are required to secure a visa at the Consular Office.
1. APPLICATION FORM - Make sure to fill out the form completely and correctly. You will need to provide your personal details, passport and contact information, education, employment and funding details. Note that you must write in BLOCK LETTERS. Don't leave anything blank, if its not applicable to you, just write N/A.
2. PASSPORT - Should be valid for more than 6 months
3. ONE PIECE OF COLORED PASSPORT SIZED PHOTO - Attached this to the upper part of the Application Form
4. PHOTOCOPY OF YOUR PASSPORT BIO PAGE**
5. PHOTOCOPY OF VALID VISA/S AND ARRIVAL STAMPS TO OECD MEMBER COUNTRIES FOR THE PAST FIVE YEARS (If Applicable) - You may skip this part if it doesn't apply to you. But if you have already visited to any of these countries in the past 5 years, you will need to provide the original and photocopy of the visa and arrival stamps.
- You may check these list of OECD Member countries
- This is not required, but it will help in increasing your chances of getting approved
- Korean visas will not be counted
6. IF PERSONALLY INVITED BY A KOREAN:
- Provide an Invitation Letter
- Photocopy of Invitor's Passport or any Identification Card
7. IF INVITED BY A COMPANY IN KOREA:
- Provide an Invitation Letter
- Photocopy of their Business Permit
1. ORIGINAL COPY OF LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT - (must include applicant’s position, hiring date, compensation, office address, HR landline number (cell-phone number is not allowed), HR e-mail address)
2. ORIGINAL COPY OF PERSONAL BANK STATEMENT - must include account type, current balance, account opening date, ADB.
3. BANK STATEMENT / PASSBOOK - original or certified true copy of bank statements/passbook for the last 3 months
4. INCOME TAX RETURN (FORM 2316) -
- If you have visited as tourist to OECD member countries within 5 years are exempted from submitting an ITR.
- Processing time will also be reduced to 3 working days.
5. COPY OF PRC CARD IBP CARD - This is only applicable if you are a part of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines or The Professional Regulation Commission.
1. PHOTOCOPY OF BUSINESS REGISTRATION FORM FROM SEC OR DTI
2. PHOTOCOPY OF INCOME TAX RETURN
3. PHOTOCOPY OF BUSINESS PERMIT OR MAYOR'S PERMIT
4. ORIGINAL COPY OF PERSONAL BANK CERTIFICATE
1. PHOTOCOPY OF APPLICANT'S BIRTH CERTIFICATE
2. PHOTOCOPY OF SCHOOL ID
3. ORIGINAL COPY OF SCHOOL CERTIFICATE
4. PARENTS' ORIGINAL BANK CERTIFICATE - must include account type, current balance, account opening date, 6 months average balance (ADB).
5. PARENTS' ORIGINAL BANK STATEMENT - original or certified true copy of bank statements/passbook for the last 3 months.
6. PARENTS' ORIGINAL CERTIFICATE OF EMPLOYMENT (If Employed) / PARENTS' COPY OF BUSINESS REGISTRATION FROM SEC OR DTI, BUSINESS PERMIT OR MAYOR'S PERMIT (If Self-Employed)
7. PHOTOCOPY OF PARENTS' INCOME TAX RETURN
8. PHOTOCOPY OF PARENTS' NSO MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
9. PHOTOCOPY OF PARENTS' VALID VISA - If not travelling together with parents, attach photocopy of passport or valid ID of parents.
1. PERSONAL OR PARTNER'S ORIGINAL BANK CERTIFICATE - must include account type, current balance, account opening date, 6 months average balance (ADB).
2. PERSONAL OR PARTNER'S ORIGINAL BANK STATEMENT - original or certified true copy of bank statements/passbook for the last 3 months.
3. PARTNER'S ORIGINAL CERTIFICATE OF EMPLOYMENT (If Employed) / PARTNER'S COPY OF BUSINESS REGISTRATION FROM SEC OR DTI, BUSINESS PERMIT OR MAYOR'S PERMIT (If Self-Employed)
4. PHOTOCOPY OF NSO MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
4. PHOTOCOPY OF HUSBAND'S INCOME TAX RETURN
1. ORIGINAL BANK CERTIFICATE - must include account type, current balance, account opening date, 6 months average balance (ADB).
2. ORIGINAL PERSONAL BANK STATEMENT - original or certified true copy of bank statements/passbook for the last 3 months.
- If bank documents to be submitted are named to another family member, submit proof of relationship. (Ex. Copy of Marriage Contract for spouse, Birth Certificate for child, etc)
3. PHOTOCOPY OF SENIOR CITIZEN ID
Once you gathered all documents, secure everything inside an envelope and submit everything at the Korean Embassy.
Schedule of application is on Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 11:00 am only No Appointment needed, its first come, first serve basis, so come early!
PROCESS OF SUBMITTING
- You will need to register at the Security station at the entrance area.
Line up and wait for the personnel/staff to initially check your requirements. Once done, he/she will give you a number to your designated window.
note: There is an area where you can get a copy of the Application form. Pens and glue are provided incase you need to paste your photo at the Application Form
3 . Wait for your number to be called.
- WINDOW 1 & 2:
- For first time applicants
- No previous visits to Korea and OECD Countries within five years
- For applicants who are claiming their Visa
- WINDOW 3:
- For Frequent Travellers who already visited Korea twice and OECD countries twice within five years
- For Seafarers who plan to transit to Korea
4 . Once your number is called, they will get the requirements and they will provide you a slip of release date.
- THREE WORKING DAYS
- For Frequent Travellers
- For those who already visited OECD member countries within five years
- FIVE WORKING DAYS
- For First time Applicants
- For those who haven't travelled to any OECD member countries
- FREE - If you're planning to stay maximum of 59 days only
- P 1,080.00 - If you're planning to stay 60 to 90 days in Korea
location and contact details:
* KOREAN EMBASSY
- ADDRESS: 122, Upper McKinley Road, Mckinley Town Center, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City
- CONTACT DETAILS: (02) 856-9210 visa local no. 270 & 500
* CONSULATE IN CEBU
- ADDRESS: 12th Floor, Chinabank Corporate Center, Lot 2, Samar Loop Cor. Road 5, Cebu Business Park.
- CONTACT DETAILS:(032) 231-151(6-9)
RELEASING OF VISA: Monday to Friday, from 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm only
- Make sure to go to the Korean Embassy on the indicated date of release
- Same like submitting your requirements, you will need to register at the security station first.
- Show the slip to the officer at the front desk and he/she will provide a queing number. Wait for your number to be called or shown at the screen
- Once called, you may claim your visa attached to your passport once approved.
VALIDITY OF VISA:
Within the next 3 months after the Issue date. As you can see from photo above, my visa was approved last May 10, 2017. Meaning, I can visit Korea from May 10 until Aug 10, 2017.
- My #1 tip would be to make sure all requirements needed are complete, and you fill out the application form honestly. DOUBLE CHECK EVERYTHING!!!
- Make sure all documents are recent. Must not be less than three months old.
- Make sure to come early. Please arrive before 10:30 am to allow enough time for processing. Applicants who arrive after 10:30 am may not be accomodated.
- For family applications, documents for proof of relationship is a must. (eg. Marriage Contact, Birth Certificate)
- Family applications should be filed together at the same window, at the same time. A Representative may file the visa applications of all family members.
- A representative can also claim your visa, but I strongly suggest for you to get it yourself in case they require additional documents or they might interview you first.
- All documents (original and photocopy) will not be given back except for Passport.
- Pay attention to your queing number as the officers will not wait for you.
- Booking a ticket is not required.
- There's no indicated minimum amount of show money required once you apply, as long as you provide financial proof that you can fund yourself during your stay in Korea.
- If you're a Freelancer, you may asked letter of support from your clients indicating you're compensation and other information.
that's it! simple as 1, 2, 3!
If you have inquiries, don't be shy and comment below! GOODLUCK! :)